Download the PDF Version of this blog so you can share or read it later.
Get a PDF copy of this article so you can read or use it later
People counters have a lot to offer any business. From optimising operations through to building a bank of business intelligence that can be used to better target customers, integrating people counting technology is a smart move.
However, not all people counters are the same, and it’s important to choose the right kind of footfall technology if you’re going to make this investment fruitful. Key to that will be reading between the lines so you can see what your reseller isn’t telling you.
What Your Reseller Won’t Tell You
- The best people counters are made by experts. Many businesses can manufacture a people counter but it won’t necessarily deliver if it hasn’t been made by experts. The most advanced and efficient technology – the type that will really deliver intelligence and data returns - is made by those who specialise in retail insights and customer experience solutions. So, look for a people counter that has been developed by a business with a wealth of experience in retail technology.
- The best options come with support. People counters need to be correctly positioned and training may be required to ensure that your business gets the most from the people counting technology that you’re using. What your reseller may not mention is that choosing a people counter provider who also offers the option of services, such as training, on-site or remote support, ongoing validation and audit and system implementation planning, will help you to optimise your investment.
- A degree of integration is necessary. The right people counting technology should integrate effortlessly with your business’ existing systems. People counters are not used in isolation so it’s important to ensure this integration is as straightforward as possible when making your product choice.
- Technical specs are not the only information to consider. What your reseller may not mention is that other customer comments and reviews about the product and the provider could be key to ensuring that you make the right choice. Find out whether other customers felt the technology met their needs and expectations, as well as what kind of support they received.
Vector 4D - The world's most accurate people counter
An in-depth look into people counting technology reveals that there are significant differences between the different options. Vector 4D is the most advanced and accurate people counter on the market today, offering the most exhaustive insights and precise data. The benefits of using Vector 4D include:
- Demographics insights. Vector 4D uses measurements, such as height, to determine demographic data about store visitors.
- Marketing data. Dwell time measurement is integrated into Vector 4D and will provide valuable information on how long visitors spend in various areas of the store. For example, it can be used to measure the length of time customers spend at specific sales displays to gauge the effectiveness of a marketing campaign.
- True anonymity. With Vector 4D there are no data protection issues, as no personally identifiable data is collected.
- Highly accurate people collecting data. Vector 4D uses time of flight people counting to provide an impressive degree of data accuracy. Insights can be used for everything, from ensuring staff schedules are optimal to improving store conversion rates.
- Employee recognition and removal from count. Vector 4D is unique in the level of detail obtainable from the data – for example, unlike other people counters on the market, with Vector 4D it’s possible to exclude store employees from counting to improve accuracy.
Vector 4D is the most advanced and effective people counter on the market – and the best option for your business. Highly accurate, thanks to the use of sophisticated systems such as dwell time measurement, Vector 4D combines advanced technologies to create people counting that delivers real, usable results.